- Sing Christmas Carols as a Family
- Make paper snowflakes and decorate them
- Read a Christmas book before bed
- Watch a Christmas movie and eat popcorn
- Dance and sing to Christmas music
- Go look at Christmas lights after dark
- Bake and decorate Christmas Cookies
- Color a Christmas Picture for Grandparents
- Surprise Gaga with a Christmas Treat
- Make a pipe cleaner candy cane craft
- Take pictures in front of the Christmas tree
- Make Gingerbread houses as a family
- Go visit Santa and get a picture made
- Write a letter to Santa
- Read the Christmas Story from the bible - Luke 1:26-2:40
- Make Marshmallow Snowman treats
- Make a Handprint Reindeer picture
- Do a Christmas coloring page
- Wear Reindeer antlers and sing "Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer"
- Take neighbors a Christmas gift
- Surprise Nana and Pa with a Christmas Treat
- Make "Magic Snow"
- Buy new Christmas Pj's for the Family
- Read " The Night Before Christmas"
- Merry Christmas!!
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
YAY!!! I am SO excited about Christmas this year! As Liam gets older and is understanding things more and more it is so fun to start holiday traditions with him. I was really wanting to make an Advent Calendar to start counting down the days to Christmas, but I kind of waited until the last minute, so I was searching online for something that I could make relatively quickly to have ready by the 1st of December. I came across this, and knew it would be perfect!
It was SUPER EASY, and only took a couple hours start to finish : ). Can't beat that! I will give you a little supply list incase you want to whip one up.
1. Mini muffin tin (24 holes)
2. Adhesive magnet sheets (I got mine at Wal-mart in the craft section. They come in 5x8 sheets in a pack of 2. You will need 2 packs to make this project)
3. Card Stock
4. Christmas Scrapbook Paper
5. Glue or Mod Podge
6. Embellishments (stickers, gems, glitter, etc.)
1. Adhere you magnet sheets to the card stock then cut out 24 2.5inch squares (or smaller depending on the size of your tin)
2. Cut out 24 2in. squares from your Christmas scrapbook paper and glue to the magnet squares. (I used Mod Podge so that they would be sealed, but you can do what ever you like.)
3. Arrange in the pattern you would like and add your numbers. (I used my Cricut to cut out numbers, but you could also use stickers or a sharpie to write on the numbers as well.)
4. Add cute embellishments :)
5. Fill with treats or slips of paper with fun ideas for you and your family to do together.
6. Admire you cute little Calendar!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
Monday, July 5, 2010
Friday, July 2, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
My poor front door has been empty since Christmas! Sad, I know. I was looking through my craft file yesterday and ran across this, and I had the perfect fabric on hand to make one just in time for the 4th of July! She uses a metal wreath, but I just used a metal hanger bent into a circle. I think it worked out just fine :-) This is a super easy project, and if you have older kids, they would even be able to help out! Pop some popcorn, put in a movie and start tearing and tying. In the end, you will have a cute, shabby wreath for your front door :-)
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
This is what I made my hubby for Father's Day (after I gave him a weed eater, which I quickly learned was the equivalent of him giving me cleaning supplies for Mother's Day. Not a good call on my part) . He is a musician, and works with a film company called Whitestone Motion Pictures . So, this pillow of Alfred Hitchcock was perfect for his office :-)
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
Thank you to everyone who took time to pray for the McEntee family today. I ask that you continue to pray now more than ever. Irena McEntee and her friend Carissa Ireland were found this morning unresponsive, and later pronounced dead at the hospital. I can not imagine what her parents are going through, and I just ask prayers of strength as they face the days ahead. The death of their daughter comes on the heals of the death of their son less than a year ago. Life is so fragile, please say a prayer for them during this time.
Please take a moment today and pray for the McEntee Family who are members of our church. Their 18 year old daughter and her friend went missing yesterday while on a kayaking trip. The Coast Guard is searching, but nothing has turned up so far. Please pray, pray hard, pray for a miracle!
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
I was needing a little face lift for my Etsy Shop. I change my mind often, so having a fully "custom" design just doesn't fit me. I LOVE that you can buy pre-made shop sets so cheap and get that fresh new look you want. I got my new set for just $18!! It included EVERYTHING I needed and more!! Even a business card and sticker design which is usually extra with many sets!! Anyways, if you are looking for a cute new and affordable shop set you NEED to check out Dream Like Magic on Etsy! You won't be disappointed!! She customizes your set and has it to you in 24-48 hrs, too!! Go here to see my new look :-)
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
I don't know about you, but I LOVE Riley Blake! She has so many cute fabrics. Since I have a little boy, I especially LOVE her "wheels" fabric. I ran across this etsy shop the other day that is having a SALE on all the Riley Blake prints in her shop! ONLY $6.50 a yard!! And some for only $5 a yard!! I know, right!!! Just thought I would share incase anyone else "NEEDS" some fabric. Happy Shopping!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
I just had to share these because I thought they turned out so cute. My friend is the brains behind the idea, so I must give her the creative credit. Her husband and best friend are getting ready to run their first half-marathon this weekend, and she wanted something cute for the kiddos to wear to the race. This is what we came up with, her brain and my craftiness. Even a cute little matching felt hair clip for her daughter :-).