Monday, July 27, 2009

Quick and Easy Weekend Projects!!

I guess the theme of the weekend was "dish cloths" I am on a limited budget, and have really been in the sewing mood, so while going through my towel drawer this weekend I discovered some cute little tea towels that could help me out with my current sewing obsession :o)! Cut them up, and Wah La! Cute new apron! I did not have a pattern or any thing I just made it up as I went. I think it turned out pretty cute considering my limited supplies. I did use the pleated pocket tutorial by Rae which you can find here.
And, with my current sewing kick I have seemed to be in need of a pin cushion. With a 8 month old rolling around on the floor having loose pins popping up everywhere was NOT a good thing. So, searching the crafting blogs I ran across this super cute and super EASY little project. I think it took me a total of 15 minutes to complete :o) And now I don't have to worry about my little boy becoming a moving pin cushion :o)
Oh, and one more little project that was also made out of a dish cloth... like I said... the "theme" of the weekend. I got the idea from the Moda Bakeshop, but again, like I said, limited funds. So, definitely not as cute, but quick, easy, and CHEAP!!
I hope you all had a fun crafting weekend too!!
~ Amie

4 comments:

  1. Cute! Love the apron! From your profile it looks like we have a lot in common. Hope to see more of your stuff!
    Jeannine (from F&J)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such cute sewing crafts!
    I'm so glad you've got Twiddle-Thumbs.com as a link on your page. We've added a link to you on our page as well.
    (I, Cami, am excited to have someone proclaim themselves as a crocheter)
    I look forward to seeing our button on your blog. We'll be back!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you remind me of myself years ago. I love making things. My gouty hands don't work now but you are doing great. I am so proud of you. Hope you can keep making fun crafts and may be make some money with them some day. Love - Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have much cuter tea towels in your drawer than I do! Doesn't it feel so good when you can make something from what you already have? You have done an awesome job with all three of these. I love the grocery bag holder and need to get on making one for us. Like you, I probably would only use one fabric because I am always trying to make very quick projects!

    ReplyDelete