Friday, March 12, 2010

La la la la... La la la la, it's Elmo's Song

My little guy LOVES Elmo! He is 16 months old, and he goes around singing La la la for Elmo's song. It is so cute. So I thought he should have an Elmo shirt :-). I usually hand draw all of my own appliques, but Elmo has to be just right. you know, no improvising. So I found a little shop on Etsy that sells applique patterns. Only $1.50 and she will email you a pdf and all you have to do is print it out and make your applique. SUPER simple! I LOVE how it turned out. I am a big fan of felt, so most of my appliques are felt. My little man is going to LOVE it. You can check out her shop here. She has a lot of really cute patterns to choose from, and it will save you a lot of time trying to hand draw it your self :-).

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Hey, how is that boutique coming? And I worry about using felt on shirts because they get washed so much. Have you noticed a vast amount of pilling or is it totally ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boutique thing is going well, thanks for asking! I just dropped off the first part of the order this week, and will be finishing up the rest of it next week. I use felt ALL the time, and the trick is to just wash the shirts inside out and hang them to dry. I do that with all of my son's and they look as good as new! No pilling at all.

    ReplyDelete