Saturday, August 22, 2009

Quilt squares, burp cloths, and a *NEW* foot :-)

One of my latest little crafting projects have been these cute little burp cloths that I made from this tutorial. They are supper easy and turn out really cute :-) I actually used a pack of flannel receiving blankets that I got as a baby gift when my son was born that were un-opened for the fabric.
I just LOVE the soft fuzzy edges
And, these are the quilt squares I have been working on. I can't wait to put this quilt together!! I am still trying to figure out exactly how I want to lay it out...
It is the Moda Arcadia fabric. I really like the patterns and colors. I used the "disappearing 9" method to make the squares. I love how easy it is to get a pretty neat looking block.
OH!! I can't forget this!! My new darning foot!! Now I can try my hand at machine stippling!! I am SO excited!!
Here is one of my practice swatches... It is really fun!!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, I'm really crushing on your quilt fabric and squares...I think I need more info to fulfill my craving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your stippling went better than mine. My new foot came this week and I got too cocky and went too fast - needle through the finger time!!! OUCH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Arcadia line... someday I might buy it! :) The blocks look great, I love how they turned out. I actually looked up darning feet this morning because I am considering purchasing one... funny!
    I LOVE making those burp rags too. I have 10 all cut out and ready to go right now. I actually gave some to my friend who is learning how to sew- they are an easy project to learn on! What a good idea to use those flannel receiving blankets.
    Could this comment be ANY longer? :)

    ReplyDelete